Skip to main content

Post #8: Me and Content Marketing


I personally don’t like buying from unfamiliar websites. If I haven’t heard of it, I don’t want to buy from them. If I'm not searching for the cheapest thing on amazon, I really have to have the brand in the forefront of my mind first. I don’t think I’m alone in this, and as a potential future business owner, it doesn’t work in my favor.
Content Marketing is the easiest way to solve this.  People love to learn. If something sparks my interest, I could spontaneously research it for hours. Creating educational content helps people to find your site and brand when they do this. If you have relevant information, they may look to you in the future for further articles. If once every 10 posts or so you happen to mention your own product and how it ties in, they just may so happen to trust your product over similar ones on the market. Think of your demographic and where they most likely spend their time. Some will spend more time reading articles on blogs, some might see you on Instagram or Facebook or Pinterest. Marketing to all in a genuine way takes a lot of time and effort, so it’s best to use analytics to see where your biggest market is coming from and focus most of your effort on those.

Comments